1. August is usually the month when the best vegetables hit the farmers markets and New Rochelle is lucky to have two of them. Fresh produce and other goodies are available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Down to Earth Farmers Market in New Rochelle (North Avenue in front of the high school) and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the New Rochelle Grand Market on Library Green, Lawton and Huguenot streets.
2. Sidewalk chalk art will be on display and in competition between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday, August 10 at the Cross County Shopping Mall in Yonkers. The art will be judged by Debbie Scates, Manager, Partnership Marketing at ArtsWestchester, Rich Bobe, Regional Publisher at Patch.com and Denise Mananas, Director of Marketing & Public Relations at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. For more, go here.
3. The Greenburgh Public Library is the setting from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, August 9 for Teen and Tween Yoga. Get started on a lifelong journey with this free yoga lesson. Registration is required. Call 914-721-8224 or email email@example.com. The library is located at 300 Tarrytown Rd., Elmsford.
4. A celebration of small presses will take place in Sleepy Hollow at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, August 11. Come and listen to authors from several small presses—Mayapple Press, Cod Hill Press and The Westchester Review—read from their works. The cost is $5. The location is Hudson Valley Writers' Center, 300 Riverside Dr., Sleepy Hollow.
5. Come to a dance party and jam session at 10 a.m. Saturday, August 10 for kids ages 6 months to 5 years and their parents at Groove, 108 Chatsworth Ave. in Larchmont. Featured will be the best of the Music for Aardvarks song collection. It's $25 for the first child and $10 for siblings. Register at findgroove.com.