The New Rochelle School District Board of Education is accepting applications from community members for a Community Advisory Committee.
Residents with interest, expertise and willingness to make recommendations to the board regarding to the development of the annual budget for the 2013-2014 school year are requested to apply to serve on the committee.
Between five and 7 committee members will be appointed by the board January from a cross-section of the community. The anticipated time of voluntary service will be from January through April, and the committee is expected to meet approximately eight times.
Applications along with a resume must be submitted no later than Friday, Jan. 4.
Applications and resumes can be faxed to the City School District of New Rochelle district clerk’s office at 914-576-4613; hand delivered to the clerk’s office at 515 North Ave., 2nd Floor, New Rochelle; or emailed to email@example.com.
For more information, please call (914) 576-4219 or visit the City School District of New Rochelle website at www.nred.org.
In a press release announcing the formation of the committe, the school district added the following information about what is to be expected from the committee:
Community Advisory Committee 2013-14 Budget
- To develop an understanding of the budget and financial issues.
- To develop recommendations for improving communication to enhance understanding of the district’s budget and financial condition.
- To develop recommendations on fiscal and program priorities that support the district’s strategic plan and a balanced budget.
- To review the district’s budget and generate recommendations for the board/Superintendent to consider in the budget development process.
Charges (items to be completed by Comunity Advisory Committee):
The committee will be given the following charges for the 2013-14 budget:
- Recommend fiscally responsible strategies to increase revenue and manage expenses; and
- Recommend ways to clarify the presentation of the proposed budget to the community.