- Editor's Note: What follows is user-generated news. If you would like to post your news to Patch, for detailed instructions.
Service changes for eight Bee-Line Bus System routes will become effective the day after Labor Day, Tuesday, Sept. 4.
The most significant change will be on Route 78, which will continue to provide service daily connecting Yonkers to Stew Leonard Drive and Ridge Hill. The route will be extended to operate along Tuckahoe Road to Central Park Avenue. This route extension will allow transfers between Route 78 and Route 20/21, which operates along Central Park Avenue between the Bronx and White Plains.
Also on that route, late-night service hours will be extended until 11:40 p.m., and Route 78 will no longer operate as a Limited-Stop Service, but will begin serving all Bee-Line bus stops along the route.
The other changes on bus service are the following:
- Route 12: On Saturdays, there will be minor schedule adjustments before 5 p.m. in both directions.
- Route 13: Seasonal service to Playland will be discontinued.
- Route 20/21: On weekdays, between Bedford Park Blvd. and Central Park Ave. at Yonkers Ave., trips will be added in both directions after 3:30 p.m., and there will be minor northbound schedule adjustments after 4:30 p.m.
- Route 39: On weekdays, the 6:20 a.m. eastbound trip from Heatherdell Road at Windsong Road will depart earlier, at 6:15 a.m.
- Route 45: On weekdays, the 3:13 p.m. southbound trip from Mill Road at White Plains Post Road will depart later, at 3:18 p.m.
- Route 75 and Route 91: This seasonal service will be discontinued.
Call the Bee-Line HOTLINE at 914-813-7777 Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for a bus schedule. Automated information is available 24 hours a day or visit www.westchestergov.com/beelinebus.