New Rochelle firefighters Tuesday rescued a dog from a kitchen fire at 67 Warren St. The following account of the incident is from the New Rochelle Fire Department:
Ladder 12 arrived quickly from Fire Station 2 a few blocks away. Through heavy smoke and heat, they broke down the apartment door, then quickly found heavy fire in the kitchen, which was rolling overhead, dangerously close to igniting the entire room. While Engine 22 and the later arriving engine crews stretched two hose lines and extinguished the fire before it spread, Ladder 12 found and rescued a dog in the fire apartment, which was reunited with its grateful owner.