This is far from your ordinary pet adoption event.
Yet the end result is the same — to find the perfect match for dogs in need of a home.
The event, on April 26 at Pooch Hotel in Norwalk, will go a little something like this:
- Upon entering, potential pet parents check in and fill out a personality questionnaire.
- The completed questionnaire is then evaluated by the adoption partner, Big Fluffy Dog Rescue, who suggests three “bachelors” or “bachelorettes” that would be appropriate matches for the potential pet parent.
- Adoption partner and/or Pooch Hotel staff will introduce the guest to each bachelor(ette) using the profile. Example: This is Rex, a 3-year-old golden retriever mix. Rex enjoys long walks on the beach and prefers to be the only dog in the house.
- The potential pet parent will then have five minutes to play and bond with the dog. The adoption partner or hotel staff will provide toys and treats to encourage interaction, as well as time each play session before moving them on to the next potential love match.
- At the end of the three dates, the staff will ask if the pet parent would like to spend more time with any of their matches or if they would like to meet a potential bachelor(ette) they have not spent time with yet. If not, they will ask if they are interested in adopting any of the pets they met.
- Those wanting to adopt will fill out the proper paperwork with the adoption partner and follow their protocol.
The event runs from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26. Pooch Hotel is located at 230 East Ave., Norwalk.
Adopting parents will also receive 50 percent off the purchase of any Pooch Hotel boarding or daycare package.
For more information, visit Pooch Hotel's website.