12:18 p.m. Oct. 30 Official news from city officials:
The state of emergency continues for the City of New Rochelle. Almost 2/3 of the community is without power and many streets are blocked by fallen trees and branches. Residents are urged to use caution while traveling and stay away from downed wires- every wire should be considered live.
The City is working with Con Edison to restore power. A Red Cross Emergency Shelter remains open at Albert Leonard.
Residents are reminded of the following:
- Call Con Edison directly to report all outages at (800) 75-CONED. Con Edison will provide dry ice but has not begun distribution at this time
- To report downed trees, call 740-6118
- Recycling will be picked up tomorrow. Garbage will be picked up Thursday and Friday
- Alternate Side enforcement is suspended for the rest of the week
- For non-emergency issues related to the storm, call 654-2300 or 2-1-1.
The City of New Rochelle issues updates through the City website www.newrochelleny.com; Facebook and Twitter; NRTV Cable Channel 75 and FIOS Channel 28; and automated phone and email messages when necessary. Residents can subscribe to receive these emergency alerts directly through the City’s website at www.newrochelleny.com.