Cinco De Mayo is upon us and if you are wondering where to go in New Rochelle and the surrounding area for food or drink specials, Patch has a few suggestions that will hopefully keep your wallet light and your taste buds happy.
Also let us not forget why we are celebrating because many people confuse the holiday with Mexican Independence Day. Actually, the day is commemorated because the outnumbered and outgunned Mexican Army defeated the mightier French Army in 1862, turning the tide of the war and is now celebrated here in America as a celebration of Mexican pride and heritage.
Here are just a few places to consider enjoying Cinco De Mayo at.
- 5-7 p.m., Corona Happy Hour! with $3 bottles of Corona
- 10 p.m-midnight, $3 shots of Sauza Gold Tequila
- $5 Drink specials such as Margaritas
- $5 Appetizers
- 4- 7 p.m., $4 Margaritas, $3 Sangria and $3 Beer Specials
- Drink Specials All Day!
- $3.50 Beers and Margaritas
- Complimentary Jello Shots while supplies last