- Newbury College (MA) men's basketball junior guard Eric Watson (New Rochelle, N.Y.) has been nominated for the 2013 Allstate National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Good Works Team. A two-sport athlete in men's basketball and cross country, Watson has demonstrated great leadership, dedication and character both on the basketball court as well as in his own community. From Lindsay Graham
- Mark your calendar for Friday, February 1 at 7:30 PM, when community residents of all ages will swarm to the Scarsdale High School auditorium (Brewster Road entrance) for the third annual Friends of the Scarsdale Library Adult and Teen Spelling Bee. From Michael Dardano
- More than 40 bestselling and award-winning authors and presenters will converge at Mohegan Sun on February 1-2, 2013 for The Big Book Club Getaway, which will benefit The Alzheimer’s Association. From Susan K. McCann
- UJA Federation is sponsoring a Hurricane Sandy Rehabilitation Project in Coney Island and Gerritsen Beach over the MLK weekend. As part of the project, we are gathering gift cards for families in the area. From the UJA Federation
- For anyone who has thought about having backyard chickens but is not quite ready to take the plunge, here is the perfect opportunity --join the InterGenerate Heritage Egg Co-op at John Jay Homestead. From Xenia D'Ambrosi
- The Ars Viva Chamber Orchestra (AVCO) is presenting its first Westchester Youth Concerto Competition Winners Concert on February 9, 2013 at 1:00pm. The concert will be held at the historic Tarrytown Music Hall. From Jesse Henkensiefken
- , at 3 pm at Scarborough Presbyterian Church, Scarborough Manor, with an exhilarating concert designed to appeal to all musical tastes from the Classical – to the Modern – to the Great White Way. From Angela Usobiaga
- The Rivertowns League of Women Voters announces a Symposium on Campaign Finance Reform. The symposium is intended to rally public support for election reform. From Ruth Kotecha
- (HPCW) was recently inducted into the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services Senior Hall of Fame. From Co-Communications
- Bronxville schools are holding our Annual Food Drive for the Food Bank for Westchester from January 23 to February 6. There will be collection boxes in elementary, middle, and high school classrooms as well as the Bronxville Middle School office and the MS/HS Library throughout the drive. From Meg Weiss
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something