1. Looking for some sound career advice? The WLS Career & Educational Counseling Service (WEBS) is hosting a at , at 6:30 p.m. Monday. At this workshop, attendees will evaluate their skills, interests and personality, learn how to use online career resources, explore career alternatives and find out about educational and training programs in Westchester. Call 914-674-3612 for more information and to register.
2. Do you have a green thumb or wish that you did? At 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, will present a seminar titled , hosted by Botanical Garden lecturer and master gardener Linda Chisholm. Attendees will learn about the Italian Renaissance gardens, the gardens of Louis XIV and the 18th-century English gardens called Landscape Park. This event is free to all. A light lunch will be served after the lecture. Seating is limited—please RSVP to Kirsy Gil, community relations director of United Hebrew of New Rochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-632-2804, ext. 1223.
3. At 3 p.m., Dr. Vincent Bonelli will host his weekly forum, , featuring stimulating discussions about current events. Beyond the Headlines group is held in the first-floor meeting room of the and is free and open to all.
4. 's international film series continues on Thursday with , a 2008 film in French with English subtitles. The film will begin at 7 p.m. in the Ossie Davis Theater.
5. Also on Thursday, the Council on the Arts presents a with internationally acclaimed bass player and composer Harvie S. and his power trio. The Harvie S. Power Band will perform an energetic blend of Latin, jazz and funk, including original compositions and standards. The concert begins at 5 p.m. in the Christopher J. Murphy Auditorium.
Be sure and check our other weekly features to help you plan activities. On Wednesday, we have Grab & Go Kids Planner, and on Thursday, see our 5 Things to Put in Your Weekend Planner.
“Like” New Rochelle Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.