As Hurricane Sandy's effects continue to alter daily life in Westchester County, a growing concern is now about how to fill your car up with gas, as many stations are still not operational due to power loss or low supply.
"It's crazy," said White Plains resident J.P. Endres, who had to go on a journey around the county today to try and find gas with no success.
"I first went to Lake St. in West Harrison, then up to Purchase, then to the Mobil station off the Hutchinson River Parkway which was backed up for over a mile," Endres explained. "It's really is a bad situation."
Patch has scouted out some areas around the area as places to avoid driving to due to an unusually high level of congestion of cars waiting in line for gas at gas stations in the area today.
- North Avenue in the area of the Quaker Ridge Shopping Center
- US-1 (Main Street) around Webster Avenue
- North Avenue around Sickles Avenue
- Areas of White Plains Road from the Vernon Hills Shopping Center south to Mill Road
- Palmer Road near Lawrence hospital
- Central Park Avenue near Ardsley Road and further south between Fort Hill Avenue and Tuckahoe Road
- Kimball Avenue near Cross County Shopping Center
- Yonkers Avenue near Yonkers Raceway and also near Kimball Avenue, east to Bronx River Road
Feel free to add more locations to avoid in the comments section below.